Have you ever heard someone utter this statement “I don’t like pancakes”? Us neither. And in the pooch kingdom? Absolutely not. So in celebration of the satisfaction pancakes bring into our lives and the special feast day - Shrove Tuesday, setting up a dog date and tucking into pancakes can only evoke joy and unlock a core lifelong memory.
This is the simplest, and tastiest pancake recipe perfect for your pooch:
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 egg
- 100g of buckweat flour (you can use coconut flour or whatever flour you have in your cupboard)
When we mentioned simple, we meant it.
- Mash the ripened banana with a fork until there’s a smooth consistency.
- Add the egg and flour, beating until there’s a smooth batter.
- Then you fry the batter. Use a small amount of coconut or olive oil. Cook until bubbles break the surface of the pancake, and the underside is golden brown - about 2 minutes.
And warning, for dogs prone to pancreatitis, rather steer clear of the oil altogether.
A pancake without toppings is not a pancake. So what toppings are pooch-friendly?
- Dog friendly peanut butter
- Greek yogurt
- Sliced blueberries
- Sliced apples
We all know what other delicious toppings usually complete a pancake, BUT they’re not healthy for dogs. So a friendly reminder of what not to choose:
- Macadamia nuts
- Dairy cream
We can see and smell the excitement from here! Enjoy watching your FURR baby’s eyes widen, mouth drool, tails wag. And try capturing a picture or two, uploading it to Instagram, and tagging us so we can share this precious moment with the world.
Above all, have fun connecting with your pooch, celebrating feast day and making scrumptious dog-friendly pancakes for Shrove Tuesday.